Saturday, February 6, 2016

Drywall Installed

Kitchen, showing pantry door
All the drywall is now installed in the house and the mud covering the seams and nails is curing. It's nice to go into the house now that it has heat. It looks a lot more like a house now that the walls are up. This is the view to the kitchen from the family room. It's an open floor plan, so the family room, dining area and kitchen are one big room. I'm not sure I will like it, but that is just about all you can get without building a huge house.

Family Room with Fireplace
Originally, the fireplace was on the wall to the left, but we moved it to face the back yard. So our entertainment center will fit on the wall.

Master Bedroom, with another Fireplace! 
I've always wanted a fireplace in the bedroom, so here it is! This would have been one big window, but we had to break it up for the fireplace. I'll have a little reading nook to the right.

My Bathtub goes here
The master bath, with the tub and the shower to the left.

Back of the house
The house looks the same as in the last post, only with a lot more snow. We got just over 8 inches (20 cm) this past Monday and Tuesday. I stood on the sidewalk to take this picture, and apparently this lot has been sold and a new house will go up soon. I think our builder plowed the snow to remove the building materials. The new house will be a ranch, like ours, which will be nice.

Hand Trowel Sample
If you look closely, you will be able to see the swirls in the drywall mud. This is the finish we will have on all the walls. I love it, it's just a bit rustic without looking like stucco. This will take at least two more weeks to be applied and cured, then things will go fast!





5 comments:

  1. There is just something about having all the sheetrock up that makes you feel like a real home is on the way. This is so exciting, Cynthia. Your home looks exactly like what hubby and I would love t move to, the perfect size. Hope you are in on schedule and enjoy picking out all the goodies like cabinets, lighting, etc. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished picking out all the appliances, materials and colors months ago. Back in 2008, I remodeled the master bath and kitchen in our California home, and have lots of lessons learned. I'll explain many of them as all the finishing touches go into the new home.

      Delete
  2. You must be looking forward to settling into your new home. How exciting!

    We have always had an open concept floor plan and I have always loved it. It allows the cook (generally me) to be a part of what's going on in the rest of the place. I hope that you get to like yours.

    Good luck and have fun with the rest of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to see such progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Non c'è emozione più grande che preparare una nuova casa. Non vedo l'ora di vederla arredata. Buon lavoro!!!!!!!!
    Emi

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.