Friday, July 10, 2015

Revisiting the Embroidered Silk Evening Bag



Since I've been home in California, waiting for the sale of our house to complete, I've been working on the Embroidered Silk Evening Bag that somehow I forgot to pack away. And I'm so glad I forgot this! Now I have some embroidery to try to work on while I'm here. Here I'm working on the large pink flower.


I've finished the petals, but the center will have to be finished much later. It is made of Ghiordes knots with beads surrounding it, so it would be best to get the flat embroidery out of the way before I start adding the structural elements.


So I've finished the upper leaf to the left of the pink flower and made a great start on the one just below. But see the blue petals on the right? I had to stop because I ran out of silk. Oh, the bane of all kit workers!

I noticed that there were several other colors that were running low and in danger of running out. Last week, I drove to our local needlework shop which supposedly has all of the colors of Au Ver a Soie, Soie d'Alger in stock, and out of five different colors that I needed, only one was in stock. So disappointing! I ordered the rest from Hedgehog Handworks, who shipped them a day later. This is good, right? Well, maybe not so much. I had just cancelled the Post Office forwarding address and was afraid they would go to Colorado. But luckily, the Post Office was right on the job and cancelled the forwarding pretty quickly, and my threads arrived in California.

I've moved on to the large pink bud, to the left of the flower, and will show you that in the next post.

2 comments:

  1. It is so frustrating to run out of thread. Sometimes I wonder what some of the kit manufacturers use to decide what they provide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful work, Cynthia :-)
    BIG congratulation, grandma! and good luck in your move, I hope all will go well,
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.