Monday, June 20, 2011

Tulip Slip Progress

I managed to spend a considerable number of hours stitching on the Tulip Slip from the last post this weekend. My son and husband went on a male bonding/shooting trip out in the desert yesterday for Father's Day, so I was left to my own devices all day. Look at the progress I made! The stitching is virtually complete, with only the cream fill left on the tulip. If you look very closely, you can see where the left side of the tulip is not quite correct. Somehow I left out a row or two, but it shouldn't look too bad when completed.

This project is counted work, actually a needlepoint type piece, and I have never done anything quite like it. I must say it's fairly addictive, so much so that I may have to dig up a piece or two that I have in my stash to work. Remember how in working my Elizabethan Pencil Box I complained about running out of threads? That definitely was not a problem with this kit! Each color of thread was supplied as a 40 inch piece, which I cut in half for stitching. I never got to the second piece, which means there is enough to work at least one, maybe two more flowers (I may run out of the brown eventually as I had a couple of false starts). I'm starting to amass quite a collection of Au Ver a Soie, Soie d'Alger colors.

It's very early Monday morning (I couldn't sleep, so decided to get up and fool around on the internet), but now it's time to get ready for work. Have a great week!


  1. This is looking gorgeous already. I haven't ever done anything like this either.


I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.