Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Don't You Just Hate It?



When you have plans and good intentions, but never get around to fulfilling them? I had a four day weekend that just ended and I didn't get much done at all - sewing wise, that is. I had planned on working on my son's black and white Log Cabin quilt. But somehow I got ensnared into making this little wedding cake pincushion I found on the DMC blog. So I'm messing around with this and adding a few little extra touches, just so it won't look quite the same as on the directions.


I'm adding a chain stitch edging to the pink felt, then will just see what I come up with. It is sort of fun, in a way. My pincushion seems to be rounder than the sample, but I'm using wool felt instead of the craft felt specified in the directions. That may refer to the stuff made from plastic bottles that you find in Joann's and Michael's, but I don't know that for sure. I attached a circle of Peltex (very stiff interfacing) to the bottom to make it stand up a bit better.

I spent quite a bit time outside this weekend working on gardening. The weather was fairly cool for late May but generally lovely.


The catnip is growing beautifully! At least, Oscar certainly likes it.

It's Tuesday morning and time to get ready for work. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun pincushion! Cannot wait to see it completely finished.
    Not only my weekends, but also my days, seem to be filled lately with gardening, housework and other chores -- leaving no time for sewing.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have times like that too. Way too often for my liking LOL. WInter is definately on the way here so perfect for stitching. I like the look of the pincushions.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.