OK, so I didn't do a whole lot more than what I showed you in the last post, but at least I got through Lesson 1 of the Chinese Flower Project. I completed the sepals, added the first leaf, and went back to the larger bud and added a bit more of the darkest color to make the shading a bit more graduated.
And notice, that I managed to create a watermark to add to the photos, something I've been meaning to do for a while now. I realize that I'm not very good at stating that many of the photos I post are copyrighted to someone other than me, and I plan on doing better in the future. This is my start on being a better sharer of photos on the internet.
I've sent this off to Trish Burr, our teacher, and am anxiously waiting for her comments. I hope she isn't too harsh, but I do want honest feedback.
I know that the buds should be a bit darker as you can see in the photo that was supplied with the kit. But that's life, and I'll try for more accuracy as I progress through the kit. It's turning out to be great fun.
PS. I have heard back from Trish, and my work is OK, and I'm cleared to go to Lesson 2. I will probably post about this lesson over the coming weekend. Stay tuned!