Saturday, January 11, 2014
The First Finish of 2014!
Oscar is modeling for me on the completed Yale colored afghan. I started this way back in early 2011 even though I didn't post about it until May. That means it has taken just about three years to complete.
It's a fairly large afghan as my son has a queen sized bed. Each square is eight inches, with the afghan containing 12 by 8 squares with 1 1/2 inches of border, for a final size of 99 by 67 inches.
I made a simple shell edge for the border, the original was much more open and frilly. I like the denser design better. It's all packaged and awaiting a trip to the post office. Since it is still winter he will get a few more months out of it before it needs to be packed away for the summer. For the information on yarn, colors, etc., please click here for my first post on this afghan.
It feels so good to get something finished, even if it did take three years!
The guys I live with went out hiking today in Anza, which is somewhere east of San Diego. I have the whole house to myself for several hours, and I plan to make the most of it. I'll closet myself with the Celtic Hearts Blanket, and will post on that in a day or so.
I didn't make any New Year's resolutions, but I am trying to not buy any new fabric or kits that I don't need. Instead, I am trying to finish what I have and clean out some of my stash.