Saturday, March 5, 2016

Progress on the House

Master bath tile in the shower
There's been a lot of activity on my new house lately. The tile work is almost complete; it just needs some finishing and the grout.

Stair rail
 The carpenter is awesome! Look at that stair rail.

Master bedroom mantel
I found pictures of mantels and had the carpenter make up much simpler versions of the ones I found. I'll show pictures of both of them once the tile is attached and the wood stained.

Doors in the master bath
All of the woodwork in the house, consisting of the mantels, baseboards, door and window trim are alder and the doors are knotty alder. Once the stain, Sherwin Williams Cinnamon, goes on they will be lovely. When I went by the house a few days ago I was told that the painters had just come by and took a sample of the cabinets to match the stain. I put a stop to that right away. I spent a fair amount of time picking out the stain so that the doors, trim, cabinets and my existing furniture don't match, but coordinate. I certainly hope this approach works.

Master bath cabinet
The master bath cabinets are much smaller than in the previous house. That will take some getting used to, but I'll have a vanity in the walk in closet.

Next up: painting!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting, Cynthia! I do love a good construction project, and thoroughly enjoyed the process of having our current home built 15 years ago. Your selections are lovely. Can't wait to see more pictures!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see that the progress is continuing - it even seems to be accelerating!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.