Monday, August 13, 2012
Over the last few weeks I dug out an old project that I haven't written about, or even worked on, in some time. This is the Rosebuds and Hemstitched Baby Dress from a class at last year's SAGA Convention taught by Jeannie Baumeister of Old Fashioned Baby. When I last left this project I was still working on the hemstitching for the sleeve. Since then I have finished all of the embroidery on the sleeves and the dress front. I washed the dress front and ironed it to show you all the little rosebuds. I added the little rosebud swirls on each side of the center panel, just to be a bit different.
The photography is quite a challenge. I took this with a flash at night on my ironing board cover over two white shirts to disguise the pattern on the board. If you click on this link you will find out why I needed the shirts. The pattern on the ironing board is pretty dark and would show right through the light blue linen.
I embroidered all of these while riding in the car on the way to work. They were pretty easy, at least compared to the bullions in the Bits of Bullion Bubble. Sometimes it really is handy to have a long commute, especially if I don't have to drive every day and can get some stitching done.
I'm at home all this week, working part time while the popcorn is removed from the ceilings. Well, most of the ceilings. The contractor won't get to the cathedral ceilings in the living room this week, we'll have to save that for another time. So it's really dusty and icky around here and I'm constantly packing things up and moving them around. And on top of that, it's hot!
Have a good week, and I hope you can all get some stitching in.