Monday, October 24, 2011

Rosebuds and Hemstitched Baby Dress Progress

Now that I've finished the Schwalm Heart Needlebook, I'm trying to devote all available time to the Rosebuds and Hemstitched Baby Dress that I started at the SAGA Convention. This hasn't been easy, as this weekend was filled with my normal weekend chores; laundry, grocery shopping, cat box cleaning, a bit of gardening, etc., etc., etc.  You know the drill.  Since the last post, I've sewn the tucks in by hand.

And have even done quite a bit on the hemstitching for the sleeves. This is done on a block of fabric that is hemstitched before the two sleeves are cut out.

I've even sewn in the back placket, using Jeannie's "no raw edge" placket method. However, I did leave a bit of a raw edge exposed but you can't really see it in the photo. Since it is sewn in by hand with a fairly large running stitch, I'll take it out and redo it so the raw edge is completely enclosed. It will be fun deciding which of all those lovely buttons I won from Jeannie to put on this gown.

And that's as far as I've progressed. I'm dying to make a nightgown for my granddaughter, using white flannel with some Christmas design in it. And don't forget all of the other things I need to do, which are too many to list here. I may make a "projects" page so you can all see how woefully behind I'm getting with my projects.

1 comment:

  1. Well, what do you know, we're in the same project boat.


I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.