The Little Bee Eater is progressing very slowly. Here I have finished the back, blending three shades of green and two of brown. As this is the end of Lesson Three, the photo was sent off to Trish Burr, our online instructor, who has told me the stitching was good! Now I can progress to the next lesson. This little guy doesn't seem to have wings, or else they are folded against his body so we can't tell they are there.
I have made a start on the body, with light browns and yellows. It's not easy trying to make the stitches deliberately irregular, or "messy", when I'm so used to try to make my stitches perfect. After all, that's what we do with virtually all other types of embroidery.
I've tried to make the threads look somewhat "feathery" where the yellows and browns overlap the green. It probably could have been better, but then that's what I always say. At the top I'm trying to blend in a bit of the darker colors, then I will move on to the neck.
I had hoped to make better progress by now, but as this post was started over a week ago and this is all I've accomplished I figured it's time to get this posted. After all, I don't want all of you to think I've fallen off the face of the earth!
The embroidery is for the Christmas hanging is just about finished, just some beads and snowflakes left, then on to sewing. So I hope to share that progress with you in a few days.