Sunday, February 12, 2012
Another Smocked Hanger Cover Finished
Two posts in two days! Don't get used to it, it probably won't happen again for a very long time.
I'm trying moderately hard to clean the sewing room of unfinished projects and assorted clutter. So I didn't rest today until I finished this smocked hanger cover, my second one of this pattern from AS&E No. 41. I had originally planned to work some feather stitching in the fabric sections on both sides, but I decided not to. I didn't like the way the colors played out on the smocking. If you remember my last post on this subject, I was using Needle Necessities overdyed floss. I did use two different flosses, but you can't even tell that they are different from the finished piece. So I didn't bother with the embroidery on the flounce, as I didn't like the colors in the finished piece.
Here it is, all finished and ready to go into my closet. I plan on making several more of these to use for my heirloom cotton nightgowns (which are great for us ladies of a certain age). But I think I'll try to match them to the various nightgowns I have, which are pretty much all white, with a bit of blue or ecru here and there.