Friday, December 23, 2011

At Least One is Finished, and a New Project



The Gift Bag Ornaments took quite a bit longer than expected, but I managed to finish one of them. Of course, I started with the simplest one first. Four of the others are completely appliqued to the felt body, but I haven't started on the embroidery.


The back of the bag closes with floss wrapped around felt circles, just like an inter-office envelope. Maybe I'll get one or two more embroidered, but only after I finish this next project:


I decided to make my mother a walker bag using this Kwik Sew pattern I bought online from Clotilde.  It looks pretty simple, and given the brand name, I figure I can get at least one of these done by Christmas, only two days away now. I'll make the one in front, with all the pockets.


As it was our last day of work for the year, my carpooler and I left a bit early yesterday and stopped at Quilter's Paradise in Escondido, California so I could pick up these lovely Japanese-style fabrics. I should have enough for four bags, in various color combinations.  Don't you just love the pink/purple colors? I'm a real sucker for any fabric that has gold in it, and three of these have just enough to satisfy my need for glitter.

So, time to get cracking! And I still have a bit of shopping to do, and don't forget baking. I don't want Santa to go away hungry!

I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Saturnalia (sorry, the Roman History buff in me sometimes comes out), or whatever else you celebrate!







3 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia, what lovely handmade gifts! Those little wool gift card holders would be great for keeping tea bags or sweetener packets or business cards in after the gift card comes out! Love that pink and purple fabric with the gold too. Very fancy!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holidays, Cynthia! Imagine starting a new project with just two days to go! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and I am sure they would be well received.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.