I haven't mentioned the Shirley Temple Dress since April when I started this blog, so I'm giving you an update. After all, this dress, and the others in the Wendy Schoen Embroidery Club 2010 is the whole reason I started this blog.
I managed to finish all of the scalloped edging. If you recall I used blue DMC floche, which came with the kit. There wasn't quite enough in the kit to do all of the scallops, but this may be because I used a backstitch for the outline. I had to dip into my stash for the rest of the floche, but this isn't a problem as I have every color available, so my supply will probably outlast me! Stitching an even buttonhole scallop edging is not easy. Especially as I wasn't as careful as I probably should have been marking and stitching the outline. So it's a bit uneven here and there. The stitching over the seams is particularly uneven. Once I wash it and play with it a bit it may come out a bit better. But all in all, I look upon this dress as a skill builder. This coming weekend is Memorial Day weekend in the US, and I have four days off - Friday being a day off for me (my work schedule gives me every other Friday off). So I hope to get a lot done, maybe even finish it. I need trim the scalloped edges using a pair of duckbilled applique scissors I got for Christmas. Then buttonholes, buttons and the hem and it will be finished. I can't wait to see my granddaughter in it!