|First Finish for 2018!|
|Sorry I cut off the pattern number|
|Non matching pattern pieces|
Here's the other thing that was very frustrating. All the seams were labeled with letters, see the two "G" seams on the pattern pieces above. However, there is no way in the world that the notches match up. Assuming the large squares on the right need to match, the notches are way off as you look to the left of the square. The "I" seams didn't match either. Luckily I encountered this fairly early on in the construction, and then I started basting the seams together. I also had to mark the seams with a piece of paper with the letter marked on it. I had been sewing the seams using the wobble stitch on my sewing machine, and saved all the overlocking for the end. I wanted to make sure the skirt went together properly before committing myself with the overlocker.
|Wonky corner seam (top left)|
|Y-seam on the front|
The front of the skirt has a Y seam, which is actually pretty easy. Look at all the colors in the print!
|Typical odd seam|
|My not so perfect overlocking|
|Wonderful Japanese elastic!|
I bought some orange knit fabric to match the orange in the skirt, but have yet to make it. The nice thing about the skirt is that there are many opportunities for coordinating tops and jackets. I haven't worn this yet as it is fairly light in weight and it is January here in Colorado with snow on the ground.
See my review on Pattern Review!