Tuesday, January 10, 2017

First Finish for 2017

Brand new PJ's
The first project for 2017 is finished, two pair of PJ's for my granddaughter. These are the only photos, as my granddaughter took them home yesterday and wore the pink pair to bed. I put piping on the pink, but not the blue.

You can tell I forgot to bring the fabric with me when I picked out buttons. If I had remembered, they just might match the fabric. Oh well, she loves them.

This fabric is from Chadwick Heirlooms and is absolutely lovely to sew on. For her first two pair I used Joann's fabric and I can really see the difference. The Joann's fabric is thicker and ravels more easily but the Chadwick is softer and finer, and presses beautifully.

Next project: pants! I've lost enough weight (25 lbs now) that nothing I own fits me. I have a big pile for Goodwill and am literally down to one pair of jeans, one old pair of brown slacks, and some baggy sweats and yoga pants.

10 comments:

  1. Well done. Always good to have a finish early in the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes, it is nice to have a finish, even though most of the work was done last year.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cynthia, I love the pj's. I can't tell if the fabric is flannel or not. I am so impressed that you have lost all that weight. It is so hard to do and takes a firm decision. You encourage me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you finish all of your work; what a difference a polished finish makes to a project. Beautiful pj's. Is that flannel you're working with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, flannel from Chadwick Heirlooms, and it is lovely fabric. I love making the seam finishes polished looking.

      Delete
  4. Both fabrics are beautiful, and I see the same lovely details on these as before too. I'm not surprised that she wore them immediately! Nice finishes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I just love having nice finishes on the inside of garments. These PJ's certainly won't fall apart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet, lucky little girl :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.