Saturday, August 22, 2015

Some Snowflake Tatting



In the last post I mentioned how I was having difficult in tatting "Hearts in a Snowflake" by Jon Yusoff. Well, after several attempts, here it finally is. It still doesn't look right, so I may attempt it again after a bit. My previous attempts were tatted in DMC Cebelia 20, but this and the ones that follow are tatted in Handy Hands Lizbeth 40.


This is Snowflake 2, from Festive Snowflakes & Ornaments, published by Handy Hands, Inc. It was much easier to work that the Hearts.


And finally, this is a doily from a book that is currently in storage, so I can't give you the reference. As I recall, it's a pretty good book, with clear instructions and diagramming. But what is odd about this pattern is that the outer row, the "hens and chickens" is just too big to fit properly. If I were to take a (much) better picture, you could see how the rings are somewhat squished together. I could only get it flat by steaming it pretty hard with the iron. I worked this in the car earlier this month when we went back to California to help with my niece's baby shower. Speaking of which, I need to work on a quilt for her.

Next few posts will be about quilting/sewing! And maybe some embroidery.

Happy Stitching!


4 comments:

  1. I think tatting can be a bit stubborn, so I'm not surprised you had to steam the doily. I've used it for ruffles, when a few crumples didn't matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowflakes and understand how some just don't work they way you want, but I like how the heart morphed :) I love the lacy one that is cupping it is beautiful and frilly and really eye catching too! wonderful job great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful, Cynthia, and the doily is especially impressive. Plus, I love the lavender background -- perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.