Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I Forgot the Pockets!


It's the day after Memorial Day and I have finally wandered into the sewing room. I never once set foot in it over the weekend as I've been busy with gardening. But as you 50 or 60 somethings know you can't garden several days in a row and still be able to walk. So I'm taking a break today.

I've been wearing my new robe now for the past two weeks and it's been driving me crazy! Why? Because as the title of the post says, I forgot to add pockets to it. So I dug up the scraps of facing, some interfacing and lace, and made two pockets. They are 8 inches (20 cm) wide by 7 inches (18 cm) tall, with facings of 8 inches (20 cm) by 4 inches (10 cm) tall. I interfaced half the facing, so it won't wrinkle so much. My current winter robe does this as it also has patch pockets and I find it really annoying.


So there it is! Perfect for my Kindle. I kept trying to put the Kindle in the pocket when there wasn't one there and catching myself just in time to keep it from dropping to the floor. Now I'm all set.

OK, no more robe posts. This thing is done! Now on to my son's shirt, which has its own challenges.

3 comments:

  1. No problem, an easy fix! I'm glad you're getting good use from the robe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia. I hope that you had a great Memorial Day weekend. Your gingham summer robe looks very cool and comfortable and I would love one just like it. And ... being 50 or 60 something ..., I understand the joy of being able to walk after a few days in the garden (or where ever).

    Pockets are essential to my well being as well. They hold phones (mobile& fixed), MP3 players, e-readers, etc.. . What's the use of all of the gadgets if there is no place to keep them? The pockets are the crowning touch to your robe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just read someone complaining about the lack of pockets in women's clothing in general. Fortunately for you, you are in a position to do something about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.