Monday, August 9, 2010

June Baby Almost Finished

It's been over a month since I wrote about my progress on June Baby, from the Stitching Serenity X class I took in late June in Santa Barbara.

Well, it's almost finished!

 I've attached the collars with bias binding,

 and the sleeves with the organdy with scallops for embellishment,

and finally the organdy with scallops hem trim.

Notice the nice French Seam?  I'm in a bit of a quandary about that. Will the seam stay up even when ironed? I have my doubts about that. I'm seriously considering a row of featherstitching to catch the French Seam to the linen. Of course the featherstitching will be made using the same shade of Coton a Broder as the scallops. 

I still have all the blue markings on it, and there is a reason for that. I managed to make six buttonholes but have only five buttons. (grrrrh!)  So it's off to the fabric store to find six buttons that will fit the buttonholes I made.  What is so irritating about this is that for the life of me I can't find the five buttons that came with the dress, so I substituted some really cute heart shaped buttons that I found in my stash. But I only found five, but somehow made six buttonholes. This is so annoying.

I will stop and find some buttons on the way home from work one day this week, sew them on, wash the dress, then take some photos when all nice and clean and pressed. The lovely granddaughter shows up in only 7 days, so I may wait until I take a photo of her in the dress to post on this again. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished dress. Its looking gorgeous.


I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.