Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Post Christmas Sewing and Organizing


I spent the whole day after Christmas finishing up these darling little ornament bags. Now they're all ready to be put away with all my Christmas things for next year. I added a few beads on all but the kitty to jazz them up a bit. The kit came with gold string so they could hang on the tree but I skipped that part, preferring instead to prop them in the branches. Now I'd like to make something similar but in the shape of an angel, to match my angel tree ornaments.

However, it's time to move on and start on some of my UFO's. I mentioned that I had bought some comic book boards to fold all my fabric into mini-bolts. Well, I used up the whole package of 100 and had to order more! Luckily, there's not much fabric left to fold. I've just about cleared my main workspace and hope to continue working my Persian Peony Tile, then move on to the Golden Pomegranate, two goldwork projects started recently. Then there is the Floral Glove, which hasn't even been started!

I don't anticipate getting too much done today as I have visitors for lunch, then my DH is insisting we go out to a movie. Maybe tonight, so at least I'll have the afternoon to stitch. We'll see.

Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Cynthia! Merry Christmas & a Happy 2012! I love the little ornament pouches - so cute! And I admire the fact that you are jumping into organizing and getting ready to launch into UFOs so soon!

    Now, I should be inspired - I should be itching to get busy! - but there's a serious part of me that thinks a movie sounds pretty good! :-)

    Can't wait to see your 2012 projects develop!

    MC

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look wonderful and at least you will have them for next year.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.