Friday, February 11, 2011

Silk Embroidered Heart Sachet

The Smocked Hanger Cover is at a bit of a standstill until I attend the next SAGA chapter meeting and pick up my hanger so I can finish the project. So I decided to make an embroidered Heart Sachet to go with it. This is one of those "figure it out as I go along" projects so please bear with me, and feel free to offer suggestions.


I used the same ivory silk dupioni that I used on the hanger cover as a base. Then I made a strip of bias binding using a 6 mm Clover bias tape maker and very carefully shaped it into a heart on the ivory silk. I made the bias binding with some leftover rose silk dupioni that I had used for the Silken Rose dress.  After steaming the daylights out of the bias heart I basted it to the ivory silk and removed the pins. This is as far as I've progressed, so what to do next?  Pin stitch, or Point de Paris, around the bias heart, of course. I love working pin stitch on heirloom projects as it is so lovely and relaxing to stitch. I definitely want to add some beads, and maybe some featherstitching, or how about some bullion roses? I'll think about it while I'm working the pin stitch. Any ideas for me?

By the way, I made the heart shapes using cookie cutters. Somehow I'll make a pocket on the back of the heart to slip a teabag full of lavender buds into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.