Friday, October 1, 2010

Road Trip!

My husband and I are leaving today for a road trip - almost two weeks long.


We will first go to Texas (that's the state flower, the bluebonnet, above) to visit our uncle on my husband's side. We will be in a very small town called Comanche, somewhat south of the road between Abilene and Dallas.


Then we go to Loveland, Colorado to visit the unbelievably beautiful granddaughter and her parents (my daughter and son-in-law). The photo above is the state flower, the columbine. I actually have two of these plants in my garden (and one flowered this year).  Most of the hotels we will be staying in do have internet access, so I may be able to post, but am not sure. We keep all of our photos on the Mac at home, not on my work computer which is what I'll be taking with me. But I do hope it will not be too difficult to figure out how to load photos onto a PC. I just need to remember to take the cord to connect the camera to the computer.

Now I have to go and hem my new blue jeans. I'm using the excellent tutorial from SewNso's blog. As I don't have a serger I will have to use the alternate method of finishing the seam.

Oh by the way, I am taking a few projects with me to work in the car while I'm not navigating and am sitting in front of the TV in the hotels. I will be knitting the hair for the doll I mentioned in early September.  To keep me from being terrifically bored,  I  found some yarn in my stash in the most horrible shade of green which I will make into an afghan using the instructions from this post on Hooked on Needles.  I haven't used a crochet hook in over a decade, and was amazed at how easily it came back to me. If I can manage to take a picture of it without fainting, I will post it.

So wish me safe journey, and I hope to post on the way. If not, I'll be back online on October 13.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you safe and pleasant travels! We are actually having wonderful weather in Texas, just in time for your visit. The best part of the trip will, no doubt, be seeing that beautiful granddaughter. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip and I look forward to seeing some photos when you get back

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.