Friday, October 8, 2010

Crocheting in the Car

While on our road trip, I've been working on a few crochet projects while my husband is driving and I'm not navigating. I haven't really felt much like writing posts while in hotels, and have not had access to the Internet while at my uncle's house in Comanche, Texas. But we are now at our daughter's house in Colorado, so I thought I would post a quick one.


As I mentioned in the last post, I brought some old green yarn to crochet into an afghan using the tutorial from Hooked on Needles. I took the photo with the iPhone, and in the light here you really cannot appreciate how awful is this shade of green. I brought three skeins and used them all, so it's been thrown into the suitcase to await my arrival home to finish it off with whatever I have left. I will try to find some new yarn that can coordinate with it to make it into a useful size.






I didn't realize how quickly the crocheting would progress, so I picked up several skeins of Lily Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn to make into dishcloths. Here's the first, very irregular I must say, but I am getting a bit better. The next one looks much more even, but I ran out of yarn on the finishing so will wait to post until I finish it. I'll be home next Wednesday, and should have more progress to share.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good Cynthia! So nice to use all that driving time to make something useful!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.