Sunday, June 6, 2010

Beach Cities Quilt Show

Today I attended the Beach Cities Quilt Show held at Soka University in Aliso Viejo, California. I love seeing all the quilts and the talent and hard work that went into making them, especially the really large hand quilted ones. There was a small exhibition on wearables right by the ladies' room.


Look at this beautiful quilted coat! It's too bad it never really gets cold enough in Southern California to wear something like that.


Then there was this gorgeous dress and cap, Elizabethan, I think, but am not really sure.

I didn't get a good picture of a lovely christening gown by Kathy Awender. She doesn't have her own website, but you can buy the pattern on line at several places, one of which is Kehler Klassics.  Kathy is in our local SAGA chapters (we have two), so I've seen this gown while she was embroidering it. It eventually appeared in a Sew Beautiful issue.


This is a quilt made by the members of the guild, and of course it has a beach theme!


I'm always drawn to anything with hummingbirds. We love sitting on the patio watching them fight over the feeder, an essentially unlimited food supply.

On another note, I finished the Shirley Temple Dress, and once I have ironed it and taken photos, I will post the completed dress. Although I won't see the darling granddaughter in it for some time yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from readers! Please let me know what you think of my posts. If you ask a question, I will reply here on the blog, so others can see the answer.